dv2000 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dv2000 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Walking Stick and You

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Your Walking Stick and You Empty
PostSubject: Your Walking Stick and You   Your Walking Stick and You I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Your third leg? Much more than that.
It will help a strain or an injury mend faster. Getting you back to work or sporting activity quicker. Many people, especially middle-aged women look down on it. Not so. If your hip is wearing out, you need all the help you can get. Don’t try to put a brave face on it. Accept the changes.
If you’ve got a bad leg, hip or foot and need a stick to temporarily help you – hold it on your good side.
If the affected or painful side is let’s say on your left, then hold the stick in your right hand. It pairs with the bad side. That is to say, when the left foot touches,the stick touches down at the same time. The right foot then steps through, and the left foot + stick pair advances again.
Bad side + Stick = Improved Function
Then there is the matter of Balance. Frequently elderly people are unsteady on their feet. A walking stick certainly helps here, but it needs to be measured by a competent therapist. The health centre’s physiotherapist will be able to advise and check.
The height of the stick should be such that when using it, the elbow should be slightly bent. If it is very bent, then the sick is too long. If the arm is straight, then the stick is too short.
If you are a strong youngster I would recommend a fairly heavy stick. But if you are older rather than younger, the reverse applies, and you will be better served with a lighter aid.
Again if you are a strong youngster I recommend either a straight stick or one with a curved handle.
Elderly? You might be better served with a normally curved handle.
There should be a rubber ferrule on the tip, greased with Vaseline so that it can be removed in the instant. My best stick is of the ‘hill climbing’ variety, in that the ferrule can be removed to reveal a metal pointed spike.
Now read this carefully. This is the important bit.
There are muggers, rapists and thugs out there. Probably armed with a knife. Possibly on drugs. Many are ruthless and merciless. In desperate need of cash. Read the papers. See the headlines.
If you are injured or elderly you NEED a weapon to protect yourself during those several minutes before the police arrive. You cannot hope that a passer-by will come to your aid. Why should he get his throat cut trying to help you, a complete stranger? If he’s got any sense he will stay well away and phone for the police.
The walking stick makes a very effective weapon, a legal weapon, when you know how to use it. It is a most effective survival tool against a knife.
A youngster can wield a heavier stick. The less young cannot.
I am NEVER without my walking stick.
DO you know HOW to use it?
Do you know WHEN to use it?
Do you know what to do against that KNIFE?
If you hesitate it may be too late.
Be alert - NOW
Be prepared - NOW
Be Alive – NOW
Back to top Go down
https://dv2000.forumotion.com

Your Walking Stick and You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
dv2000 battery :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: